We are SCI, a fast-paced commercial interior design and in-house manufacturing firm specializing in creating custom space for the restaurant, education, retail, commercial, hospitality, healthcare, and corporate industries with over 35 years of experience. As part of the SCI team, you will be working with a diverse mix of clients, from Fortune 500 companies rolling out new décor packages nationwide to niche commercial and hospitality one-off projects. Our clients rely on us to provide them with out-of-the-box solutions unique to their needs and goals and a smooth, stress-free project from start to finish. The SCI team is constructed of many different personalities, positions, and responsibilities, but we all share one goal – work together to help our clients and our team to grow and succeed.
We’re steadily expanding and to continue giving our clients the personalized attention they expect, we are looking for a dynamic, energetic, and experienced Account Manager to discover new business opportunities and manage existing client relationships. You will be directly responsible for the preservation and expansion of our client base in multiple market spaces including restaurants, retail, commercial, and education.
Our ideal candidate is a reliable, versatile, and engaging professional who offers a results-driven approach, is well-versed in creating sales using a variety of methods and displays excellent customer service with the ability to also balance client orientation. Trade show experience is a plus. Our Account Managers’ top priority is to identify business opportunities with prospects and new clients and build them into long-term profitable relationships, while maintaining an expansive existing customer base and keep communication open and clear with our team. If you are enthusiastic, proficient, and organized with exceptional communication skills and are driven by success, we’d love to learn more about you!
- Create detailed business plans designed to attain predetermined goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client to securing a deal; including creating, presenting, and entering sales quotes and orders into ERP system
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long-term partnerships
- Provide professional after-sales support to maximize customer loyalty
- Remain in regular contact with your clients to understand and meet their needs
- Respond to complaints and resolve issues to the customer’s satisfaction and to maintain the company’s reputation
- Work with cross functional teams to achieve sales goals and expand offerings
- Travel to meet with customers in various stages of sales cycle including initial presentation, product review, account maintenance, and growth
- Travel and attend various trade shows and account specific events to grow network and sales opportunities
- Design - Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager, or similar sales/customer service role
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software is a plus
- Experience with ERP system is a plus (Epicor preferred)
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Ability to travel overnight when required
- BS or BA in business administration, sales or marketing