This position is primarily responsible for providing cost estimates to the Sales and Customer Service Representative departments for any projects assigned by performing the following duties.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates with Shop Personnel and Purchasing Department for accurate labor and material rates.
- Is responsible for updating costing spreadsheets and utilizing the Epicor software system.
- Supports the Design Engineering Team and Shop Personnel with engineering improvement/material costing programs
- Coordinates with value engineering teams to cost support engineering changes.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.