SCI, an American based manufacturing company that specializes in providing high performance furniture to the restaurant and food service industry is hiring a Sr. Accountant. This role is newly created based on company growth!
This position is primarily responsible for developing the organization’s compliance program to ensure all internal practices adhere to applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as preparing and delivering accurate and timely annual tax returns and statutory financial statements on behalf of the company. In addition to compliance, this position will be responsible for the day-to-day accounts receivable functions, locating and notifying customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visit to solicit payment. Duties include receiving payment and posting amount to customer's account, preparing statements to customers, initiating collection activity on past due accounts, and keeping records of collection and status of accounts by performing the following duties.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review sales tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Review company records to ensure that they are charging customers the appropriate amount of sales tax and vendors use tax
- Participate in the creation and implementation of the organization’s tax strategy and guidelines
- Keep current on tax laws/regulations for responsible states
- Be responsible for the initial review of all sales tax exemption certificates
- Be the initial internal interface on day-to-day transaction tax issues
- Minimize sales, use and property tax deficiencies and maximize refund opportunities
- Identify tax savings ideas and be able to work in a team environment to help implement solutions
- Assist in billing requests analysis
- Bill new accounts on a daily basis for; deposit requirement’s, invoices becoming due, revision orders needing additional funding
- Assist in monthly financial closing and prepare financials statement for review
- Receive payments, and posts amounts paid to customer accounts
- Familiar with lien waivers
- Monthly billing of statements to all open balance accounts
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems
- Record information about financial status of customers, and status of collection efforts
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits to solicit payment
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person and determines reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment
- Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence, writing reports, sending receipts, reviewing errors in billing and answering any questions pertaining to the billing of accounts
- Perform various administrative functions such as recording address changes, and customers accounting contact information
- Arrange for debt repayment and establishes repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations
- Maintain an accurate record of all sales tax exemption certificates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two years or more in related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.