SCI, an American based manufacturing company that specializes in providing high performance furniture to the restaurant and food service industry, is hiring an Assistant Construction Project Manager reporting to the Vice President of Sales. This is a newly created role based on company growth!
- Understanding the scope of work of a new project (what we want to quote, what we are capable of building, review customer plan sets).
- Submit costing request for the project if need to our estimation department.
- Assist customer service on creating the quote (correct descriptions, quantities, etc.)
- Site visits for field dimensions and project schedule coordination.
- Communicate with the director of operation ship date changes and custom items.
- Help communicate design intent to the engineers to ensure no details are overlooked.
- Assist on getting custom or long lead time materials on order.
- Quality review product on the floor to make sure the customer receives what they ordered.
- Revise orders with customer service as needed.
- Oversee installation as needed.
- This job will occasionally require some shop drawings by the project manager.
Types of Orders that require project management:
- Heavy millwork jobs
- Jobs that request on site measurements and coordination
- New brand stores
- Large college orders with multiple buyout
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction preferred.
- 3+ years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Precise and articulate in written and oral communication.
- Proficient in MS office and Outlook.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be required to be on the production floor, at construction sites, and travel to projects.