SCI, an American based manufacturing company that specializes in providing high performance furniture to the restaurant and food service industry is hiring a Design Engineer. Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position is primarily responsible for designing and drawing (in AutoCAD and Inventor) essential items that will be manufactured by SCI shop employees. Is also responsible for ordering materials for projects, contacting customers and contractors to coordinate what SCI products will integrate into existing dimensions and site conditions, and overseeing production and packaging of final product by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in Pre-Order meeting with a Customer Service Representative.
- Compares orders to layout provided to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Order non-stocked materials necessary for projects through purchasing.
- Draws/models in AutoCAD or Inventor production design drawings to SCI Standard Design Procedures.
- Program the parts of the CNC machines (training is done on site).
- Is responsible for updating bill of material and descriptions prior to issuing to the floor.
- Prepares installation drawings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school.
- A minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical drawings and sales orders.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference, and volume and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Knowledge of Internet Software; Manufacturing Software; Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Design Software; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint); and CAD software.