Experienced Project Manager needed for an established AWI Woodworking Firm. Must have extensive experience managing high-end corporate projects. Background in General Construction may be adaptable.
- Position requires knowledge to perform the job, ability to apply the knowledge and the personal traits/values to achieve the necessary results.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the project including scheduling, production, and installation.
- Project Manager is the primary contact between the customer and operations.
- Must meet short and unpredictable deadlines.
- Prepare paperwork in advance to relieve supervisor of many administrative tasks
- Track the status of suppliers and subcontractors who will build or install product. Visit their facilities to monitor quality and production.
- Anticipate and balance the workload.
- Distribute all details, drawings and information to engineering department. Retrieve information for engineers. Alert customer when information is not available.
- Review production documents for conformity to architect's documents and the company's estimates.
- Check jobsite and attend meetings on a routine basis to verify manpower, environmental conditions, installation procedures and quality.
- Review and complete punch lists expeditiously.
Actively participates on internal team(s) that focus on continuous improvement of the business.
- 4-year degree in an accredited construction related curriculum, (BSCE, BSCM, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year degree.
- Three to five years experience as Project Manager or least 10 years construction related experience.
- Must have both technical & practical knowledge and experience in woodworking.
- Demonstrated proficiency in these areas: scheduling, client relationship, interpersonal skills, computer skills, safety/insurance, ability to communicate, both written and oral.
- Proficient in PC-based scheduling and spreadsheet applications. These include: Excel and Word.