As a project manager for SCI, you will be part of team dedicated to supporting our internal departments and communicating with the clients. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in keeping projects moving internally while managing client expectations and has extensive experience working across all levels of an organization. Project Manager’s at SCI engage with clients and sales team to gather information, understand the overall direction of the project request, and complete steps in the process required to complete projects on-time and on-budget. They also work proactively to ensure both production and internal team members successfully complete project deliverables. The number one
goal of a project manager is to take a project from the start to finish, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for working with customers, as assigned, to take a project from start to finish, including the below processes
- Process design requests and submit to interior design team as required for specific accounts.
- Complete quotes and enter orders as needed based on customer and outside sales input.
- Submit design reviews and quote completions to customers for review and approval.
- Communicate with departments to ensure design, manufacturing, purchasing and accounting are aware of project requirements.
- Answer customers’ inquiries promptly and keep them informed of order status, project progress (including any changes) and completion date. Be the customer’s advocate.
- Decide project schedules based on customer input and communicated company lead times.
- Responsible for all project ship dates/delivery dates, including new orders and warranty orders, based on input from production, purchasing, and communicated company lead times.
- Partner with production and manufacturing to verify the progress of the jobs.
- Maintain tracking system to communicate progress of project quotes, tasks, orders and timelines.
- Communicate in a positive and professional manner when partnering with customers and employees.
- Respond timely to service and warranties for internal and external customers.
- Manage and prioritize competing demands. Be flexible to changes and delays.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to other' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others; views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Proven experience as an Project Manager, or similar sales/customer service role
- Knowledge of sales process and closing deals
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software is a plus
- Experience with ERP system is a plus (Epicor preferred)
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build
- Organizational and time-management skills
- A business acumen
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Ability to travel overnight when required
- BSc or BA in business administration, sales or marketing