Commercial Vinyl Upholstery
Product: warm water and dish soap.
Directions: Remove spill with a damp cloth immediately. Wipe down vinyl with warm water and dish soap, rinse cloth clean and wipe down again. Dry vinyl when finished.
Tip: Never use oil on vinyl, it will harden the vinyl and lead to cracks or tears in the fabric.
Upholstery Treated with Crypton
The Crypton spot cleaning method of stain removal can be used for most light to medium stains.
Product: Prepare a cleaning solution of 1/4 tsp. mild, enzyme detergent, such as Tide®, Woolite® or Dawn® dishwashing liquid, per 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Before spot cleaning, blot up liquids on the surface with a clean, soft towel and brush off any loose dirt.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 1/4 tsp. mild, enzyme detergent, such as Tide®, Woolite® or Dawn® dishwashing liquid, per 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply the cleaning solution using a misting spray bottle. Do NOT oversaturate when applying the cleaning solution.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or soft bristle brush.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly, soap residues will attract dirt.
- Blot excess moisture with a clean, soft towel or sponge. Allow fabric to air dry.
Tip: Make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not to spread the stain and rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
Product: Household cleaners- Formula 409®, Windex®, diluted SimpleGreen®, warm water and soap
Directions: Spray solution, wipe with a damp cloth, rinse, and wipe dry. Stains can be removed with milder cleaner mixed with baking soda and a nylon brush.
Tip: Always rinse after cleaning, water rings from cups and dishes can reactivate chemicals.
Product: Mild soap or liquid dish soap with warm water
Directions: Wipe wood table clean with damp cloth using mild soap and water. Always wipe table top dry to avoid warping and residue marks.
Tip: Apply furniture polish every couple months to keep shine and recover small scratches.
Solid Surface Table Tops
Product: Mild soap and warm water
Directions: Wipe table clean with damp cloth using soap and water solution in between uses.
Tip: Never let cleaning products dry on furniture, it can damage the finish.
Product: Nonabrasive household cleaners – Formula 409®, Windex®, diluted SimpleGreen®, mild soap and water
Directions: Spray cleaner on metal chair and wipe dry
Tip: Apply car or metal wax every few months to prevent oxidation and cover furniture when left outside.
Product: Liquid dish soap and water mixture,
Directions: Wipe wood chair clean with damp cloth using mild soap and water. Always wipe dry to avoid warping and residue marks.
Tip: Avoid citrus based products to prevent stripping.
Tips and Tricks to Avoid Furniture Damage
- Lift items instead of pushing or sliding to avoid scratches
- Place furniture out of direct sunlight to avoid fades in furniture
- Move furniture out of waters reach when mopping floors
- Use place mats to avoid heat damage
- Table clothes to avoid wear and tear
- Avoid abrasive cleaners
- Soap and water never fails
- Test inconspicuous areas first